Well we made it. Four days into the school year and we’ve survived the brutally early wake up, the tears (mine not hers), kindergarten uniform policy, figured out folder procedures each night (yellow AND purple), and picked our after school activities. But there’s still one thing I just can’t wrap my head around…
CAR LINE HELL!
This is seriously something that came out of left field and smacked me across the face. Sitting in line on the first day of school for 92 minutes? They say it’s going to get better, but so far at pickup the quickest it’s been is one hour and 15 minutes. That’s over four hours in car line in just three days! I have no idea how parents do this, but we are quickly looking for car pools or private bus options.
So while sitting in a morning car line…I came up with these:
10 Things I’d Rather Be Doing Than Waiting in Car Line!
- Fold Laundry – I mean, it’s the worst chore in the world right?
- Clean My Cat’s Litterbox – No, maybe this one is the worst.
- Change a Poopy Diaper
- Clean Up Vomit – I’ve covered all the gross excrements right?
- Bathe My Cat – He’s not declawed either.
- Burpees – Which I think should be called pukeez by the way.
- Chew Tin Foil – Imagine it, I dare you!
- Watch Another Story on ESPN About Johnny Manziel
- Listen To My Husband Tell Me (for the 100th time) The Proper Way to Load a Dishwasher
- Get a Root Canal
Please parents…school me on this. Will it get better?!