It’s that time of year! The holidays are almost upon us which means parties will be filled with delish drinks and decadent desserts. But your holiday meals don’t have to be smothered in butter and topped with melted marshmallows. Stay on track through the season with these 20 healthy holiday sides. There is no need to sacrifice delicious comfort food when you have these healthy alternatives to turn to! These recipes will help you avoid putting on a few extra pounds, while still giving you the ability to make amazing food for your family and friends.
*Note many of these recipes are grain and dairy free for those with allergies or who are Paleo.
20 healthy holiday sides
- Turkey and Sage Stuffed Apples: The flavor combination of apples and sage is incredible.
- Paleo Thanksgiving Stuffing: Who says you can’t have cornbread stuffing if you’re on a grain free Paleo diet?
- Fall Harvest Salad: It is easy to serve up a healthy holiday side when you serve salad.
- Green Beans with Cranberries, Bacon, and Goat Cheese: Time to dress up those green beans! Goat cheese makes everything taste amazing!
- Roasted Butternut Squash: Not only is this side dish healthy, it’s beautiful and delicious.
- Roasted Pumpkin Soup: Danielle Walker’s food never disappoints, and you can make this a day or two ahead if needed or even freeze it and defrost before serving.
- Honey Glazed Carrots: Do not let this simple side fool you, it is packed full of flavor.
- Healthy Holiday Cranberry Sauce: No table is complete without cranberry sauce.
- Roasted Asparagus: With a little oil, salt, and pepper this dish will be the easiest side you will prepare throughout the Holidays.
- Clean Green Bean Casserole: You don’t need cream of mushroom soup in this flavorful recipe!
- Paleo Sweet Potato Casserole: Who doesn’t love a good sweet potato casserole? Ditch the marshmallows and make this instead!
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes: It would not be a holiday meal without a side of mashed potatoes on the table.
- Rosemary Sweet Potato Stackers: Savory rosemary makes these yams a home run!
- Roasted Garlic Autumn Mash: And if potatoes are out, this puree looks and tastes like the real thing.
- Paleo Garlic Mashed Cauliflower: Cauliflower is an excellent alternative to good old fashioned spuds.
- Broccoli Parmesan Fritters: Sneak some greens into a fritter. Yum!
- Sausage and Chestnut Stuffing: You can step this recipe up to an even healthier level by using whole grain bread.
- Butternut Squash Risotto: A great fall favorite to serve anytime of the season.
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pomegranate: This healthy Holiday side is a gorgeous plate to serve on your table.
- Paleo Dinner Rolls: No grains? No problem! You can still make delicious dinner rolls!
There are so many different healthy holiday sides to serve at your holiday table. Create a reason for your family and friends to gather around and devour a hearty and healthy meal.